Welcome to those of you joining me from The Disney Point and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 4th stop on our Magical Blogorail this week!
Character encounters are one of the best things about visiting a Disney Destination. Disney Characters truly bring the magic to life in ways that nothing else can. Children and adults alike delight in meeting their favorite characters while visiting the parks or taking a Disney cruise. For our family, no trip is complete without at least one visit with the infamous Peter Pan. So, join me as we fly away to Never Land in search of Peter Pan and friends across the Disney Destinations.
My 4-year old son, Connor, adores Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and the whole Never Land gang. He believes in them with his whole heart, and he heartily believes that the Peter Pan he encounters at Walt Disney World or onboard Disney Cruise Line is indeed the real Peter Pan. You should see his little face light up at the first glimpse of his hero. One of the things he is most looking forward to on our upcoming Disneyland trip is finding Peter Pan there as well.
During each of our meetings with Peter Pan, two with Peter alone and an additional meeting with Wendy as well, we have had an amazing experience. When Connor initially met Peter Pan at the age of 2 all he could do was smile and say hello. He wanted to play with Peter, but was a bit shy when it came to chatting. Fast forward to last summer at 3 and the kid would not stop talking! He told Peter and Wendy quite the story, including where they could find him should they want him to fly off to Never Land for their next adventure. On our Disney Cruise last fall, having just turned 4, he was able to see Peter Pan a couple of different times, and was very excited that Peter remembered him from time to time. He even got to make a Peter Pan hat out of felt in the Oceaneers Club on Pirate Day. At the Farewell Party in the foyer he made sure to exclaim loudly, “Peter Pan, watch out! Sneaky Captain Hook is over there!” when he noticed Captain Hook on the other side of the stairs. Peter was quite happy for the information.
Ironically, during one of our Walt Disney World trips Connor was desperate to meet Captain Hook. Captain Hook does not appear regularly for meet and greets at Walt Disney World, much to Connor’s disappointment. I knew Captain Hook would be appearing on the Disney Wonder during our cruise, so I assumed that when Connor saw Hook he would be quite excited. Not the case. Not at all. He seemed genuinely afraid of Captain Hook and refused to meet him altogether. I think it may have simply been that Captain Hook is so tall, but who knows!
Apparently finding Peter Pan is not always easy, and we have been lucky most of the time, but unfortunately he can be a bit elusive, in fact we missed him completely on our most recent trip. Depending on your destination Peter and friends may be easier to find than others. But, fear not. I decided to put my research to good use and share it with the rest of you in hopes that your next Quest for Peter Pan may be a little bit simpler.
Where to find Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee
and Tinker Bell at Disney Destinations
Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando, Florida
Magic Kingdom is home to Peter Pan, Wendy and Tinker Bell. They appear for fairly regular meet and greets, as well as making appearances in several entertainment offerings.
- Meet Peter Pan in Fantasyland – There is a lovely mural of a Never Land Map painted on the wall on the far side of Peter Pan’s Flight as you leave Fantasyland headed towards Libery Square. Depending on the day and season this is where you can find Peter Pan and/or Wendy Darling. There is no FastPass+ option for this meet and greet. If you see them, tell them Connor says “hello.”
- Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook in Adventureland – Tinker Bell and a friend or two can be found daily in Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook, located in Adventurland just past the Dole Whip location as you enter Adventureland. There is no FastPass+ option for this meet and greet.
- Festival of Fantasy Parade – Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Tick-Tock Croc can all be found on an amazing parade float in Disney’s newest parade! Select a FastPass+ for Festival of Fantasy Parade and take advantage of priority viewing.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – The classic Disney attraction is home to Peter Pan, The Darling Children, and the rest of the Never Land crew. Don’t expect any live action characters, but this iconic ride is not to be missed!
- Dream Along with Mickey – Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee make a spectacular appearance in the castle show. Performed several times daily it is not to be missed if travelling with little ones.
- Main Street Electrical Parade – Cap off your evening with the famous Main Street Electrical Parade, and witness the swash-buckling action of Peter Pan and Captain Hook as they fight about Hook’s Jolly Roger. Tinker Bell kicks off this parade in her own float, spreading Pixie Dust to illuminate the parade floats. Select a FastPass+ for Main Street Electrical Parade and take advantage of priority viewing.
- Wishes – This nightly fireworks spectacular features a very magical appearance by Tinker Bell. Find a spot near the central hub or along Main Street USA for optimal viewing. Do not try to see the fireworks from New Fantasyland, the walkway towards the Mad Tea Party, or Adventureland if you want to see Tinker Bell. You want to be as front and center as possible for this one. Do be aware that in inclement weather or high winds Tinker Bell will not appear. Select a FastPass+ for Wishes and take advantage of priority viewing.
Hollywood Studios is home to Jake from Jake and the Never Land Pirates.
- Disney Junior Play ‘n’ Dine – Jake hangs out with a few other Disney Junior friends daily at Hollywood & Vine restaruant for breakfast and lunch. This character meal is a lot of fun for little ones, and features a delicious buffet to satisfy everyone’s tastebuds including Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese and a chocolate fountain. Advanced Dining Reservations are recommended. Check out a more in depth review of this dining experience here.
- Disney Junior Live on Stage – Performed several times daily, this stage show features Jake, Izzy, Cubby, Scully, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Sharky and Bones. This show runs 24 minutes, with lots of movement, bubbles, gold doubloons and more throughout to keep little ones thoroughly entertained. FastPass+ is available for this attraction.
- Meet the Stars of Disney Junior – If a character meal isn’t in your plans, you can still meet Jake daily in the Animation Courtyard, where he appears with other Disney Junior friends for meet and greets daily!
- Disney Junior Dance Party – Offered only during Evening Extra Magic Hours this dance party held in the Animation Courtyard is a fun opportunity for your little ones do a pirate jig with Jake!
Disney’s Contemporary Resort is where you can expect to find Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, but only if you are booked on a Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. You can read Angela’s review of their experience here!
Disneyland Resort – Anaheim, California
Disneyland Park is the most likely home to Peter Pan and gang while visiting Anaheim.
- Meet Peter Pan – There is no official Peter Pan meet and greet at Disneyland, which is a bit of a bummer. The best tip I have found is to check in at City Hall on Main Street in the morning to see if anyone there can confirm if and when Peter Pan will be appearing that day, and you can then plan accordingly. Just keep in mind that their information may not be 100% accurate. That being said, with the help of several internet sites and trip reports I have come up with a list of locations where you are more likely to find Peter.
– Refreshment Corner on Main Street USA
– Near the entrance, or in the archway, to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in the morning and afternoon
– On the pathway between Fantasy Faire and Sleeping Beauty’s Castle
– Wandering about in Fantasyland
– Near Pixie Hollow in the morning and afternoon
– Near the back of the Matterhorn
– Near Dumbo
Reports are that he typically does not have a character handler and tends to do more of an organic meet and greet. There are occasions when he does appear more officially with a handler and PhotoPass photographer, but not all that often.
- Meet Tinker Bell and a Fairy Friend at Pixie Hollow in Fantasyland – Like Tinker Bell’s Nook at Walt Disney World, you can find Tink and a Fairy Friend at Pixie Hollow in Fantasyland.
- Minnie & Friends Breakfast at Plaza Inn – While the characters that appear along side Minnie Mouse rotate often, there are many, many reports of Captain Hook making an appearance during breakfast, and a handful reporting that Peter Pan has stopped by on occasion.
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade – Tinker Bell appears atop a giant toy drum in this fun, musical parade. Dancing along with her are Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee. Try to get a seat at the front for a bit of character interaction.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Like its Walt Disney World counterpart, this iconic attraction is located in Fantasyland
- Sailing Ship Columbia – In truth Peter Pan is no part of this attraction, BUT, what Peter Pan fan doesn’t want to take a sail around the Rivers of America on a full-scale replica of an 18th century ship!
- Fantasmic – I remember one thing from my second visit to Disneyland and it is Fantasmic. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, so I will just say that it is completely different than the Walt Disney World version, and in my opinion much more magical. This is a must see for all Peter Pan fans! Seriously!
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage – See the gang from Jake and the Never Land Pirates in this toddler-centered production in Hollywood Land. Multiple showings daily.
Disney Cruise Line
No sailing aboard a Disney Cruise Ship would be complete without our sea-faring Never Land friends.
- Disney Dreams – Peter Pan plays a central role in this sweet stage musical about a little girl who is having a difficult time believing in magic as she grows up. Disney Dreams is performed on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder only. Check your Navigator for the specific schedule during your cruise.
- Villain’s Tonight – Join Captain Hook and Mr. Smee in this comic stage musical starring beloved Disney Villains performing a musical revue-style show. Villain’s Tonight is performed on the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream only. Check your Navigator for the specific schedule during your cruise.
- Meet Peter Pan – Peter Pan is easy to find on a Disney Cruise! Consult your Navigator each evening to see if he is listed as a character meeting the following morning. He typically appears a couple of times on longer cruises, and at least once on shorter sailings, and may appear in more than one location. Historically one of his meet and greet dates has always been the day of your Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party
- Meet Captain Hook – Like Peter Pan, it should be fairly simple to track down Captain Hook on a Disney Cruise. Consult your Navigator for dates, times and locations, or follow the smell of codfish.
- Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party – This very special deck party is the highlight of many young pirate’s trips. Expect some swashbuckling action from Captain Hook as he battles Captain Mickey on the high seas.
- Til We Meet Again Party – Taking place in the lobby atrium of the ship during your final night, this is a perfect time to get some one on one time with Peter Pan during your cruise. During most of the other meet and greet times you will be limited to photos and a very brief chit-chat, but on this special evening many of the Disney Characters are milling around giving their guests a last hug and posing for candid photos.
I hope this helps you locate your favorite Never Land characters while at Walt Disney World, Disneyland or sailing with Disney Cruise Line! And a very, very special thank you to my good friend Ariana and her amazing niece Erica for allowing me to use their beautiful photos! You can find Ariana on Facebook at Ariana Photography, and Erica on Instagram as @HipsterMegara. Thanks again ladies!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Ashley Aspires.