Happy Halloween from Disney Mamas! In honor of today we are sharing one of our favorite Disney Halloween recipes…Mickey Mummy Cupcakes served at the former Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom (prior to the Starbucks refurb). We hope you enjoy our favorite mouse as a mummy dessert as much as we do!
Mickey Mummy Cupcakes
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Wax paper
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Rolling pin
- White frosting
- Chocolate nonpareil candies
- Chocolate-covered raisins
- Working atop wax paper dusted with confectioners sugar, use a rolling pin to flatten a bunch of marshmallows.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the rolled marshmallows into thin strips.
- Set the strips aside for now.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Press a pair of nonpareil candies (white side down) into the frosting at the top of each cupcake to resemble Mickey ears.
- Add a pair of chocolate-covered raisin eyes.
- Randomly place marshmallow strips over each cupcake, leaving the eyes exposed, to resemble a mummy.
- Gently press the strips into the icing just enough to make them stick in place.
- When the cupcakes are sufficiently covered, use kitchen scissors to trim the marshmallow around the perimeters, as needed.
Thanks to MagicalRecipes.net for the recipe and image!