If you are travelling to Walt Disney World over Thanksgiving you may wonder where you can go to get a good Thanksgiving meal. Having made this trek a few times myself, I can tell you that there are many options to choose from! Ranging from the traditional to more unique offerings, Disney Chefs pull out the spices to celebrate the season!
Since we avoid Magic Kingdom and Epcot on Thanksgiving Day, our favorite dining locations are 50’s Prime Time at Hollywood Studios or Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom. 50’s Prime Time offers a special Thanksgiving meal, complete with cranberry sauce, while Yak & Yeti features their traditional Asian cuisine.
Pam Brandon with The Disney Parks Blog posted a great feature on Christmas and Thanksgiving dining options earlier this month, so I thought for this weeks Fun Fact I would share it with you!
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day Ideas for Dining at Walt Disney World
Originally posted on The Disney Parks Blog on November 12th, 2013
There’s a feast of dining options for the upcoming holidays at Walt Disney World Resort. Starting with Thanksgiving Day (November 28), special menus include all the classics – turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
In the theme parks, Thanksgiving specials are on the menu for lunch and dinner:
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Tusker House Restaurant is offering lunch and dinner feasts.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, both 50’s Prime Time Café and Hollywood & Vine will include traditional Thanksgiving fare for lunch and dinner.
- Epcot World Showcase restaurants include Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway, Biergarten Restaurantin Germany, Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada and Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in the United Kingdom has a Thanksgiving lunch and dinner. In Future World, Coral Reef Restaurant in The Seas with Nemo & Friends is offering lunch and dinner feasts, and Sunshine Seasons is offering a special Thanksgiving menu throughout the day. The Italy Pavilion will also have special selections at Tutto Italia Ristorante and Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria.
- In Magic Kingdom Park, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is including Thanksgiving fare with their regular lunch and dinner options. And, of course, Liberty Tree Tavern will have a traditional Thanksgiving offering!
- At Downtown Disney, Raglan Road will have a special Thanksgiving menu of Bunratty Mead glazed Turkey with butter whipped potatoes, apple, sage and sweet onion stuffing, braised Brussels sprouts, cranberry & plum chutney and traditional gravy for $27.95. This menu is available from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. on November 28. Fulton’s Crab House, Portobello, and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café will also offer special prix fixe menus.
In the resorts, special dining for Thanksgiving Day is planned at:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground — Mickey’s Backyard Thanksgiving Feast at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ show located at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. Four show times: noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m. (Trail’s End Restaurant is also offering lunch and dinner options.)
- Disney’s All-Star Resorts — Intermission Food Court and World Premiere Food Court (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — Jiko – The Cooking Place (dinner), Sanaa (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s BoardWalk — Flying Fish Café, Kouzzina by Cat Cora (dinner).
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort — Shutters at Old Port Royale (dinner).
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort — California Grill, Chef Mickey’s (Dinner); The Wave … of American Flavors(lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort — Cítricos has three seatings for dinner; Grand Floridian Café (lunch and dinner), Narcoossee’s (dinner).
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort — Olivia’s Café (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort — ‘Ohana (Dinner), Kona Café (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Boatwright’s Dining Hall (dinner).
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa — The Turf Club Bar and Grill (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — Artist Point (dinner), Whispering Canyon Café (lunch and dinner).
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts — Cape May Café (dinner), Captain’s Grille (lunch and dinner),Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner).
For Christmas Day, there’s everything from Mickey’s Christmas Feast at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort to a prixe fixe at Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s Boardwalk.
In the theme parks:
- At Epcot, Biergarten Restaurant at the Germany Pavilion will plus up the buffet with special holiday dishes, and Le Cellier Steakhouse is offering a special menu.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Tusker House Restaurant will have Christmas specials on the buffet.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Hollywood & Vine will have Christmas lunch and two dinner seatings with carved turkey breast, cornbread stuffing, root beer glazed butternut squash, spiced pumpkin mousse on the buffet.
- In Magic Kingdom Park, The Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland will offer Christmas Day dinner, and Tangaroa Terrace and Tortuga Tavern will feature a special holiday dinner buffet.
- At Downtown Disney, Fulton’s Crab House and Portobello will have a holiday prix fixe offering.
In the resorts:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground — Mickey’s Backyard Christmas Day Feast at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ show located at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. Two shows at 5 and 7 p.m. will offer all the holiday classics. (Trail’s End Restaurant is also offering lunch and dinner options.)
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – Cape May Café will be serving hand-carved smoked ham with winter pineapple chutney and turkey with stuffing. Captain’s Grille will offer a holiday buffet. Yachtsman Steakhouse will feature a special menu.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The Wave … of American Flavors will offer a special menu. And Chef Mickey’s will offer a Christmas Day brunch.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – Cítricos will have two seatings at 5 and 7:30 p.m. as well as special Christmas Day seating in the private Chef’s Domain, offering a four-course menu.
- Disney’s Boardwalk – Flying Fish Cafe will feature a prixe fixe four-course menu.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort – Whispering Canyon Café will offer an all-you-care-to-eat holiday dinner with turkey, ham, beef strip loin, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cornbread and cranberry sauce.
Additional information and dining reservations can be made by visiting www.disneyworld.com/dine or calling 407-WDW-DINE (3463).
Well, there you have it! Your best dining options for the holiday season! Where would you most like to eat your Thanksgiving meal?